At the minute ALL ASF web sites run on static HTML. In some cases that HTML is exported from something like confluence, but none of them dynamically generate right now (AFAIK). I'm not sure, but I think this is actually an infra policy as there are not sufficient server resources for running all the sites in a dynamic way, and for the most part there is no reason for it since the sites are just static content anyway.

I don't know how much traffic ofbiz.apache.org gets, but I know many of the other projects get a LOT of traffic and the servers available for the web sites could not handle that traffic with dynamic content rendering going on.

Stepping back a little... we don't even know if we'll be able to host an OFBiz demo in a reasonable way (we should be able to, but I don't know), so we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves thinking about the web site.

BTW, I saw your commit Hans to put the site in the cmssite example. That's an interesting thing to do, and might be a good example with simplified content, but I'm worried about redundancy and inconsistency with the content there (ie I don't think there's a very good chance it will be maintained as the site is changed).

-David