Or we could add more sections to the global decorator.

-Adrian

David E Jones wrote:

On Jan 26, 2009, at 1:53 AM, Hans Bakker wrote:

David,

see below....

On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 23:00 -0700, David E Jones wrote:
There are various things in the framework now that have general
infrastructure that applications can "plugin" to, and I think we could
follow that same pattern here.

if you can tell me how to insert 'action' and 'widget' statements in the
common/widget/commonscreens.xml decorators from a lower level component,
I am very happy to do that.

The main tool to combine actions and widgets is the screen widget, so including screens would be the natural way to get this information shown in the header. In a way the header is too big right now anyway, ie the code is all in one big block and such, and it would be nice to have it more parameterized and organized, and easier to customize... perhaps even with preferences and what what (seems to be the general direction we're going).

What I was saying about the CSS and JS files is that we have a list of those files to include for those, and for things to go in the header we could create a similar list of screens to include, and just loop through it (in the header.ftl file) and include each one using the screens.include thingy. These would just be little informational screenlets to show stuff in the header, just like these things you've added (ie the organization party, even others like the currency, etc).

I hope that helps.