From: "David E Jones" <david.jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>

From: "David E Jones" <david.jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Notice that there is no way to see a list of orders being worked on  or  switch
between them. What you are imagining should
work, ie  different  orders in different windows, would only be the case (as
Anil  mentioned) if those different windows used
different  sessions... which  they don't. To get a different session you must
have a different user,  a different browser, or
find some place in  the applications where the  jsessionid is lost from one
page to  another (which WOULD be a bug).

This is something special to Firefox. With Chrome you don't have  this "issue",
any tabs is a session. Actually I'm still using
FF3  since there is so much more with plugins than this very specific  feature
of Chrome.

Actually I'd guess this is an issue with all browsers except Chrome.  One of the unique
"features" of Chrome is that every window
is  actually a separate running instance of the program (was advertised as
something to avoid a problem in one window bringing
down others), and  I guess this would be a side-effect of that. AFAIK there
aren't any  other browsers that are that way.

Something to note also, I don't know for other browsers, but if you open several instances of Firefox using the same profile (in different windows as opposed to tabs in the same window) Firefox does not open another session.
Actually Firefox used only one process for all its windows. It's a feature some
softwares allow you to choose or not (only 1
instance) Firefox forces it. You can change but AFAIK not from inside Firefox
(using about:config)
If interested Google for "allow firefox multi instances"