I must admit this is very disappointing, and not a very "community" sort of thing I would expect from someone who is an advocate for a "community". Instead, this is a very tyrannical approach to the whole thing and very disrespectful. So far the two people who have not seen this being a great improvement is you and then once you spoke up Adrian followed.

So, the revert was warranted because only you saw fit to revert it. Maybe I should start looking over your code and reverting things I don't agree with. That would surely drive a this community in the right direction <sarcasm>.

Let's look at the current tally:

Anil, Scott and I have voiced approval for this proposal.
You and Adrian have voiced disapproval.

How does 3:2 justify a automatic revert? I think what you have done right here was very anti-community and EXTREMELY disrespectful to the one person who has been working with you 8 years to bring this project to where it is today. So, if your goal in reverting this was to piss me off and ruin what little respect I have left for you, it worked.

I will personally revert the rest of the code over the next week.

Andrew