David E Jones wrote:

> It looks like what I was afraid of is EXACTLY what happened. Andrew and
> various others seem simply not interested in feedback being convinced of
> what they have presented and not wanted to admit any appearance of
> fault, which appreciating and using feedback naturally does. If you
> think that's harsh then bash me like you've bashed Adrian. Don't
> worry... go for it! I happen to have a button with the letters "delete"
> on it, and I've been using it more and more lately.

(responding to just this paragraph, not that it really matters)

Well, *I* have a key with *Delete* on it; does that make me more
important?  Let's discuss the merits of "delete" versus "Delete", and
I'll commit 20 classes with 4200 lines in 3.7 hours to change this on
everyone's keyboard.

But, actually, yeah, for something as low-level critical as security,
anything less than a week of discussion is completely right out.  If
it is going to affect *all* code *everywhere*, then you have to allow
for *everyone* to have time to comment on it.  Not everyone is paid to
work directly on ofbiz; some do it in their spare time.  This means at
least 2 weekends of waiting.  Sometimes, even a month, so you can get
all the various eyes on it.  This is something I learned in my long
association with Debian.