David E Jones wrote:
If I understand right where Adrian is going with this thread it is to just start with wanting to granular for flexibility r reasons and instead of having permissions that each screen/sevice/etc checks just have each screen/service/etc BE a permission of sorts. We wouldn't have any permission related configuration or code in the screens/services/etc except for a single attribute to flag whether permission is required or not (ie a require-permission flag), which we would want to be true by default. Now that the granularity issue is taken care of the next step is to build stuff on top of it to help manage the thousands of permissions that are now in the project... and THAT is where things get fun an interesting.

That's a close summary, but you forgot one thing - permission inheritance. There won't be thousands of permissions - thanks to inheritance. As far as I can tell, OFBiz out of the box wouldn't have any more permissions than it has now.