From: "Adrian Crum" <adri...@hlmksw.com>
To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 10:41:57 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: Domain Based Security ( was re: Authz...)

Harmeet Bedi wrote:
Ofbiz has the graph metadata of artifacts but navigating graph to
dynamically determine will be expensive.

It doesn't have to be. If we end up using the artifact info stuff for some kind of security administration screen, we can set up the artifact gathering code to go only as deep as what is currently being displayed. In other words, the artifact gathering could be more dynamic. As the user navigates farther down the graph, additional parsing is done.

This would eliminate the need to graph all artifacts in one step.

I agree with David that storing the graph in the database is a bad idea.