The problem I see with this is that in an artifact based system we are forced to implement security on that fine level of granularity. Where in a process based system, the process can be defined as granular as necessary for the application. Only when very fine level of granularity is needed would it be necessary. The level of control in a process model is as great as the application needs but is much easier to understand for administration and configuration.

Andrew