Hello Anil,

+1 for adding Jquery to the trunk.
For more details please see my comments inline:

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Anil Patel <anil.pa...@hotwaxmedia.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> We have been using Prototype and associated UI components for Javascript
> effects/Ajax. I am interested in few screens that will need Tree widget and
> few other will be best done using TreeTable widget. For sometime I have been
> looking for widgets build using Prototype.js but have not found any that l
> like.
>
> JQuery on other hand has much bigger community and much bigger library of
> UI widgets that can make developing fancy screens lot easy. Sometimes I am
> tempted to start using JQuery, but fear that after while we'll know few bads
> about it and might regret decision.
>
> I'll like to know what others think about it.
>
> Is it ok to add JQuery library to Ofbiz trunk?

IMO this will be totally fine as it is associated with two license one is
MIT and other one is GPL. It depends on user or community which best suite
for their requirement. So I think we can opt MIT. For more details please
have a look on:

http://docs.jquery.com/License

> Should Prototype library be removed from trunk once all code is migrated to
> use JQuery?
>

> Should keep both because JQuery can live side by side with Prototype?

I liked this approach instead of removing one because some features could be
handled very nicely in Protype and some in JQuery.
It is my personal opinion but I am also fine if we remove Prototype after
migration is done to JQuery.