It's an interesting idea, and you would have to provide some patches or
something to demonstrate it.

The existing connector library has a very simple API - the functions accept
HTML element references and CSV strings. I can't see why that can't be adapted
to other JS libraries.

If the tree structure is the only obstacle, then let's discuss it further. I am
sure we can all collaborate on a solution.

-Adrian