Please see my comments inline:

--
Ashish

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Scott Gray <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>wrote:

> Hi Awdesh,
>
> My first guess is that there is a bug in the service where by it is not
> checking for certain vCard fields before attempting to use them.

Yes you are right. Actually it is working fine if we have following
information on the vCard. Like First Name, Last name, Email address,
Address1, City, State & Country etc. Although in the recent commit we have
provided option for not to provide State Details & Country details.
Conditional check is provided for this. But thinking that what to do with
Address, City and other fields? We can provide empty check for those fields
as well.

> My personal opinion is that no fields should be required but simply
> processed if present.  It would be nice to able to report back to the user
> what information was updated from the processing though.

Few questions are coming in my mind:

1) What should we do if empty vCard is provided. I think we should not
process it and will safely ignore it. Right?
2) It happens that a vCard contains only First Name and that's it. So in
that case if we should pass this to the "createPerson" service then it will
say that "Last Name is missing". How should we handle this case?
3) Can we say that a "vCard is complete vCard if it has two fields only. i.e
First Name & Last Name"?

> I would only expect an error to be returned if the file was not a valid
> vCard.

What criteria can be used to check the validity of vCard?
Is it First Name & Last Name check, if it has then its valid vCard?
Or some third party api exists that checks vCard validity? Don't know much
about it.
Will see on google if don't see any reply on this point.