Jacques

From: "Ruth Hoffman" <rhoff...@aesolves.com>
Hello Developers:
IMO, the word "component" has a special meaning within the OFBiz domain. [See some of the original framework documentation for that definition.] The term "application" is an abstraction and has not been given a formal definition within the OFBiz domain. At least I am not aware of that definition. If one exists,/* please */enlighten me.

That said, a glossary of terms would be really useful for the online help. Once a glossary is in place, determining whether to use the term "component" vs. "application" would be a simple decision regardless of the target audience.

Regards,
Ruth
Ruth Hoffman, Author, Mentor & OFBiz Enthusiast
/"What I say is just as important as how I say it."/
ruth.hoff...@myofbiz.com
Want to know more about OFBiz? Please visit my website: http://www.myofbiz.com

Adrian Crum wrote:
Components like base, entity, and security are not applications.

-Adrian