As many of you know, we at Emforium have been busy building out a full set of
business software application to provide an "ALL-IN" comprehensive solution for
the small business market.  When we started the evaluation over a year ago,
Ofbiz was the selected platform of choice.  Other components are Zimbra for
email and concrete5 for web.

Over this time, we've spent our efforts providing an entirely new UI front end
for the backend applications: sales order, inventory, CRM, admin, reports,
multi tenancy, published datasets (makes solution targeted for any market or
geography), etc...

We have expressed privately that Ofbiz needs to have a new mission in order to
really drive it's importance and relevance as an open source project.  As it
stands, it's scope is very wide, and not targeted a providing and out-of-the
box solution to any problem, save ecommerce (even then, lot's of styling work
usually needed).

We would be 100% behind this direction for Ofbiz.  We'd want to contribute back
components now that are Emforium proprietary and would work to reduce the
amount of deviation between our proprietary solution and this newly stated
direction.

Marc