Thanks Sam - I'll dig in on this today and we'll be in a better place because of it.

Cheers,
Ruppert
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Nov 30, 2009, at 7:20 AM, Sam Hamilton wrote:

Hi Jacques,

Having a look on what google has indexed of docs.ofbiz.org there are 7,710 pages / links that might need redirecting to the new site (depends what you guys think are critical?).
http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&newwindow=1&q=site%3Adocs.ofbiz.org&meta=&aq=&oq=site%3Adocs.ofbiz.org&fp=7bd14d1a33372cda
Confluence seems to be doing some 301ing already as google has the following page docs.ofbiz.org/x/JR4 but it goes to http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/~jaz/Permissions+By+Application - was that something to do with the version upgrade?

There also seems to be a bunch of pages that google has that point to random places if you have a look at http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&newwindow=1&q=site%3Awww.ofbiz.org&meta=&aq=f&oq=site%3Awww.ofbiz.org&fp=7bd14d1a33372cda there are https wiki pages but on https://www.ofbiz.org?

A .htaccess file could do the trick but I am guessing it might be more complicated than this example as there are different spaces etc.

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule (.*) http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/$1 [R=301,L]

Cheers
Sam

Thanks Sam,

From: "Sam Hamilton" <s...@sh81.com>
Hey Guys - just wondering if you guys had thought about 301 redirecting from the old wiki to the new wiki as I am sure there are a bunch of links out there that point to the old urls?

Yes we have plenty of it :(
http://docs.ofbiz.org/dosearchsite.action?queryString=docs.ofbiz.org&where=conf_global&type=&lastModified=&contributor=&contributorUsername=

This should not be and all these links should have used the wiki internal notation for links
http://docs.ofbiz.org/renderer/notationhelp.action#help-section-div-links

One easy way though would be to redirect http://docs.ofbiz.org to
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence

What do you think?

Jacques

Cheers
Sam

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Ho, I forgot one point, I have asked this to Gavin (who manages our issues with Cwiki currently)

<<Actually, I use http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dosearchsite.action?where=conf_favorites from my browser and I'm able to find pages with ofbiz string as search. But, not sure why, I can't find the word faq despite this page exists in the OFBIZ space and I have it in my favourites. But anyway, I can't even find it from the OFBIZ space. Are all the indexes updated since David changed spaces names ?
See
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dosearchsite.action?queryString=faq&where=OFBIZ&type=&lastModified=&contributor=&contributorUsername=
and
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Yes this URL works well as soon as you have created your favourite spaces

Also here is a recipe Gavin game me to create your favourite spaces and use them in search

1. Add whatever spaces you want to search in to your favorite spaces. Browse http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/ dashboard.action and click on the 'Star' besides any spaces to add.( or whilst in a space click on Tools > Favorite). (The star should go yellow) 2. Click in the search box and press enter to get the advanced search. (Which should bring you to http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/dosearchsite.action?queryString= ) 3. Type in your search term then choose 'Favorite Spaces' from the 'Where' drop down box.
4. Click on filter.
Results from only the spaces you have added to favorites will be shown.

Personnaly I have also added th 5 spaces as watches to receive everyday a summary of changes in these space. This also build you a correct dashboard (My Dashboard). I see also a possibility to create team spaces. For instance, Geronimo has a dozen of spaces.

HTH

Jacques

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com >