Scott Gray wrote:
> On 2/12/2009, at 9:28 PM, Adam Heath wrote:
>
>> Hans Bakker wrote:
>>> Hi Chris,
>>>
>>> We will support this branch even if it will not be accepted into the
>>> trunk. We will also regularly update it with a trunk version of which we
>>> know it is good. (we actually just did)
>>
>> Bother.  Just because it's in a branch, doesn't mean it is not part of
>> ofbiz.  There is just one repository, it's all ofbiz.  All branches,
>> all tags, all revisions.
>>
>> These licensing issues should have been fixed before it was ever
>> committed into the repository.
>
> +1, it shouldn't be in a branch if it doesn't comply with the ASL and if
> it doesn't make it into the trunk soon I would prefer to see the branch
> removed completely.

Unfortunately, the damage is already done at that point.  It exists in
the past, for anyone to see.  svn is copy-on-write, you can't change
the past.

I have no problems with just about anything being in a branch.  Call
me fucked up, make plans to blow up the world, I don't care.  But
license issues absolutely *must* be fixed *before* others even see it.
 And if others in this community disagree, then I'm sorry, you're
wrong.  It's not an ofbiz policy.  And even if it were *just* an ofbiz
policy, it's a policy that ofbiz has decided to follow, and being a
member of the community means you agreed to follow it as well.