I disagree. The stuff we have doesn't work just fine. Try removing the clearing
element and see what happens. The multi-column layout you're working on looks
great, but now everything else is broken.

Our existing multi-column layout is extremely fragile and easily broken. That's
why I suggested the column widgets. It's a bigger issue than dragging columns
or changing sizes.

-Adrian