Ok, as is apparent by the comments I just came up with, there are
issues that are not being discovered.  People aren't reading all
commits, and issues are slipping thru.  If I could find issues with
formatting(which is the bulk of these recent responses), just image
what issues might be in the actual code.

When I am reading a diff, if I see it all nicely formatted, it tends
to also reflect well on the rest of the meat of the patch.

If, however, the change is sloppy, trialing/leading spaces, missing
spaces, typos, random indentation, it tells me that the author
him(her)self was sloppy, so might also have made actual real mistakes
in the code.

As I have mentioned before, I get worried when no one says my stuff is
broken.  I always assume that it is, while trying my best to make
certain it isn't.  You can't know if what you right is correct, as
there may just be some undiscovered bug; maybe your new code isn't
being run at all(but then, how would you have known to add your new
stuff, if it wasn't being run).  But, when a problem actually *is*
found, then I get happy, 'cuz I know my code is actually being used,
and, once the bug gets fixed, things will be better.