Responding to this message - per Jacopo and David's request.  Hopefully this
gets us back to discussing how we can go about fixing the ambiguity that has
been introduced and will push us to a consolidated front on these features:

---

My recommendation - even at this point - is that we start to have a discussion
about all of the things this new component does, and the people who are using
the old one can put all of their feature coverage on the table - then we can
discuss how to bring them together.  This may be one ebay component which
utilizes both XML for some things and the SDK for others - but without knowing
the feature coverage - we're screwed.

In this case - it matters very little to anyone what the technology choice ends
up being - it's all about:

1. Making it easier for everyone who downloads OFBiz to know what to do with
eBay
-- These multi channels sales are more and more important each day in this
economy.
2. Consolidating so that next time the SDK adds something that the XML does
not, we can make good decisions about how to achieve the new features.

Let's have this conversation - Hans, if you can provide a quick outline of what
is being supported by all the functions that are newly implemented - this
should be easy since the development was just done.  Then maybe Marco, Ashish
and Jacopo - people who helped build the current ebay component - can put the
features out on the table for comparison as well.  Once we have that, we can
easily do the necessary gap analysis and discussion about what technologies
support what, etc, etc.

it could be that XML supports everything that we want and this new SDK becomes
something that we might want to remove - or that this new implementation is the
way to go and remove the old one - or even some hybrid of the two - but we
won't know until we understand first what we need it to do, then what it can do
currently, and come together on how to do it.

Cheers,
Ruppert