Chris,
Thanks for listing important tasks for managing product release. In ofbiz
community little less has been done on this front, I wish we could be better.

Very fundamental difference between professional open source projects like you
mentioned and Ofbiz is that, Ofbiz is community managed and developed project.
If you search mailing list archive, you can find some good discussions on this
topic.

Some people may consider it (that we don't get these professionally managed
releases) as drawback of Ofbiz,  while others may see opportunity. Somebody can
build business around delivering services like you mentioned.  We still have
huge untapped market.

Thanks and Regards
Anil Patel
HotWax Media Inc