Adam Heath wrote:
> Bruno Busco wrote:
>> This is what I am also trying to do.
>> Just have the possibility to *remove* all the applications but party
>> and content from an OFBiz installation and have it working.
>> Please stop thinking about moving things in or out of the framework.
>>
>> The framework, if you like how it is right now, can stay there but
>> please let us create the possibility to remove applications according
>> to their declared dependency tree.
>
> Here are more details to how I'd like to see this done.
>
> ==
> ./startofbiz.sh run
> ./startofbiz.sh tests
> ./startofbiz.sh install
> ==
>
> Instead of having hard-coded properties files in the start component,
> which then reference hard-coded foo-containers.xml, each component
> that is installed should be allowed to 'register' what it would like
> each run-target to do.
>
> This would make switching between catalina and jetty simple, by just
> swapping the components, with no editting of anything else.
>
> It would make writing an asterisk component simpler, as it has it's
> own container that has to be run, but modifying the global configs is
> difficult.
>
> It would allow for adding new startup targets, ones that ofbiz hasn't
> thought of yet(would allow for some types of tests to be run, that
> don't require entity/service/webapps to be configured, but do require
> everything on the classpath).

ContactMech, TelecomNumber, PostalAddress are more generic than just
for party.  They should be in a shareable component.  orders have a
shipping destination, which has nothing to do with a party.  Same for
facilities.

Party is more generic than the party component.  Person/PartyGroup
should be higher-level, while Party be lower-level.

Our components are to large, imho.