Hi Bruno:
I'd be happy to share everything I've done so far:

   I wrote my own UI that unifies all my business applications such as
   this. (I have a really hard time going back and forth between all
   the many OFBiz webapps.)

   My UI coding standards are not of the OFBiz "way". I don't use any
   of the widgets except for the Screen Widget. All of my web pages are
   based on Freemarker templates. I've removed lots of the CSS "DIVs"
   in favor of an easier to follow markup. I also have my own external
   CSS files.

   My Java Service coding standards are not of the OFBiz "way". I don't
   use simple-methods (for reasons I've already stated). I use Java.
   (Since I just discovered I can use Groovy to write Services, I'm
   going to start experimenting with that...but so far, I use Java
   exclusively) so I am assuming that most of my work would be throw
   away as far as the project is concerned.

I wrote a number of Services to:

   Allow website visitor's to subscribe to my mailing lists without
   having to register.
   Add/remove list subscribers given only an email address.
   For testing: add/remove ContactLists(and all the related Entities).
   Add/Remove a list of contactMech "infoStrings" to a ContactList.
   Initiate a mailing list event.  (I did this one because I was
   getting too much log file output with all the HTML validity checks
   that one of the updated sendMail SECAs does. So, I had to disable
   the SECA and do my own sendMail/commEvent updates.)

I don't think any of this work is a worth sharing. There isn't anything here that even comes close to the project's standards or "way" of doing things.

However, if you or anyone else out there would be interested in more specifics, I'll put together a more detailed document, similar to the one I wrote for adding RSS support. [You can find that on the MyOFBiz.com website http://www.myofbiz.com/control/cms01?article=10000 . There is also a more detailed article w/Entity information etc. included as part of the e-book subscriber's members only site.]

If there is a demand for something like that, then I will consider writing it.

Regards,
Ruth

Bruno Busco wrote:
Thank you All for your suggestions.

Ruth,
what you describes is the closest to what I had in mind to build.
Is there any way to share the code?

In any case I think I will submit the code I will write for this since it
seems an enough general feature.

-Bruno