Adam Heath wrote:
Adrian Crum wrote:
Adam Heath wrote:
Adrian Crum wrote:
I have been working on some ideas with the goal of making Groovy a
viable alternative to mini-language. I already committed some code that
allows methods within a Groovy script to be called, so that multiple
services can be included in one file - just like in Java or
mini-language.
Be very very careful.  If you do this, you'll increase permgen usage.
 Each groovy script is a class, and if those classes are kept around,
they'll take up precious permgen space.
They are kept in the script.GroovyLocationParsedCache cache. Is there
anything we can do to mitigate permgen space usage?

That has nothing to do with any kind of jit'ed bytecode.

Did that answer my question? I'm lost.