--- On Thu, 3/25/10, Adam Heath <doo...@brainfood.com> wrote:
> Adrian Crum wrote:
> > I have been working on some ideas with the goal of
> making Groovy a
> > viable alternative to mini-language. I already
> committed some code that
> > allows methods within a Groovy script to be called, so
> that multiple
> > services can be included in one file - just like in
> Java or mini-language.
>
> Be very very careful.  If you do this, you'll increase
> permgen usage.
>  Each groovy script is a class, and if those classes are
> kept around,
> they'll take up precious permgen space.

One of the things I noticed about the existing GroovyUtil code is that a class
loader instance is created for each class. I'm sure the code was copied from a
Groovy tutorial or code example. Each class loader instance holds a reference
to the thread's class loader. I'm not a permgen memory expert, but it appears
to me that way of doing things will result in memory leaks.

I can't use jmap because I'm running Windows, otherwise I would do some
research. Any hints or suggestions would be welcome.