On Apr 5, 2010, at 2:11 PM, Adrian Crum wrote:

Adam Heath wrote:
Adrian Crum wrote:
One of the things to keep in mind during these discussions is the
forthcoming ExecutionContext - a part of the security redesign. Instead of passing a delegator around the framework, the current delegator is assigned to the current thread and a static method exists to retrieve it
at any point in the execution path.

I should have that code committed sometime late this week, or this
weekend at the latest. Even though the new security design is disabled, the ExecutionContext can still be used. In fact, we can use it to start
fixing issues like the ones described here.
Global statics, even per-thread, can be very bad.

You are welcome to look at the branch and make any corrections you feel are necessary.

Consider something stored into the cache, then referenced from another
thread.  What is the correct delegator?

Huh?

I would assume that the GenericEntity would still have an instance variable for its delegatorName and use that when it comes out of the cache. The thread delegator would only be used for construction?

Does your branch remove all delegator instance variables and method
parameters?

No, I left that for us to work on as a community. I only have so many hands and hours in a day. ;-)

I will hold off on packaging up any changes until this work is in ...