if messages are the answer how about a simple input in the current file
that says your about to load demo data, do you want to.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation
<http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Raj Saini sent the following on 4/21/2010 12:16 AM:
> And what is the issue in adding the new command and changing the old one
> to give a meaningful help message to use the new one? How would this
> break the documentation? Command is still there and user can use it and
> they get on screen help to use a something new. I do not see why would
> you need to fix is the existing documentation and books for this change.
>
> If some thing is broken and lot it written about it does not mean that
> you don't fix it. This change is needed to bring the clarity to the
> command as run-install does not give you a hint that it is installing
> the demo data unless you read through ant help messages.
>
> Regards,
>
> Raj
>
> On 21/04/10 12:36, Adrian Crum wrote:
>> Jacopo,
>>
>> You're missing the point - it's not as easy as that. The command "ant
>> run-install" is mentioned in innumerable places in documentation,
>> websites, books, etc. It's not just a matter of modifying a script -
>> it's a matter of rewriting seven years of documentation.
>>
>> If it's not an issue, then why did you bring it up?
>>
>> -Adrian
>>

>> --- On Tue, 4/20/10, Jacopo
>> Cappellato<jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> From: Jacopo Cappellato<jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>
>>> Subject: Re: What about renaming "run-install" to "run-install-demo"?
>>> To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
>>> Date: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 11:54 PM
>>> The easiest way to do this would be
>>> to:
>>> 1) add run-install-demo (= run-install)