--- On Mon, 5/3/10, Scott Gray <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:
> On 4/05/2010, at 11:32 AM, Adrian
> Crum wrote:
>
> > On 5/3/2010 4:25 PM, Scott Gray wrote:
> >> Sometimes I think using the same schema and class
> for single forms and list forms holds us back from
> implementing features specific to one or the other and even
> when we do it results in a messy schema.
> >>
> >> What if we were to separate the two but have them
> share a common base?  We could start by separating the
> schemas and then work on the code.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >
> > Any effort to clean up and improve widget code gets a
> big thumbs-up from me.
> >
> > While we're at it, could we separate the styling into
> a separate element and Java class? Chris Howe had suggested
> that some years ago.
>
> I'm not entirely sure what you mean on this one?
> Could you give me an example of what the problem is and how
> this would solve it?

I think it was around the beginning of 2007. The idea was to move all of the
form widget styling attributes to a style element - to cut down on the amount
of form attributes. We made a preliminary move in that direction by putting all
of the form styling attributes on their own line - so that later they could be
contained in a separate element.