--- On Mon, 5/3/10, Scott Gray <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:
> On 4/05/2010, at 4:23 PM, Adrian Crum
> wrote:
>
> > --- On Mon, 5/3/10, Adrian Crum <adrian.c...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >> --- On Mon, 5/3/10, Scott Gray <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com>

> schema and
> >> class
> from
> other and
> >> even

> but have
> >> them
> separating
> >> the

> code
> >> gets a

> styling
> >> into
> had
> >> suggested

> one?
> problem is
> >> and how
> >>
> >> I think it was around the beginning of 2007. The
> idea was
> >> to move all of the form widget styling attributes
> to a style
> >> element - to cut down on the amount of form
> attributes. We
> >> made a preliminary move in that direction by
> putting all of
> >> the form styling attributes on their own line - so
> that
> >> later they could be contained in a separate
> element.
> >
> > I can't find the ml discussion, but here is the
> related Jira issue:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-760
> >
> > -Adrian
>
> Okay thanks, I see what you mean now.  I'll stew on it
> for a bit and see what I can add to the discussion.

There is a chance it isn't needed any more. The problem 3 years ago was that
there was a form attribute to style nearly every element in the form. I
introduced the concept of having a container CSS class that would style the
form and all of its child elements (using descendant selectors). After that the
effort to move styling to a separate element fizzled out. I don't know if that
was due to lack of interest or the new container method of styling.