BJ Freeman wrote:
> what is your target for start up.
> I am less than one minute on mine.
> Not sure breaking an established convention without discussion is a good
> idea.
> are you willing to go through all the test and change documentation?

documentation change -> none.  It just works automatically.

The synchronization changes are needed anyways to speed up normal
operations.  servlet containers are already thread pool based, and
these synchronization issues are a point of contention.

I already do lots of testing before committing stuff.  I can't tell
you how many times I've gone and hung out with friends, while I have a
series of 10 or 30 commits being automatically tested, before ever
committing them.

I currently have over 100 commits in my queue, due to various
different features I'm working on.

* removal of synchronization in ton of places(still under
  development/testing)
* cleanup of stale threads in helper classes at shutdown(reported
  by adrian, altho something I really don't consider a bug, will
  send a separate email soon to discuss)
* cobertura instrumentation in parallel(tested, reading to go)
* major sql parser updates
  * it's more generic.  eventually will be useful for implementing
    a native jdbc driver that is backed by the ofbiz entity engine
  * union support
  * order by function support
* multi-threaded creation of database items(table, fk index,
  declared index)
* multi-threaded data loading
* unix crypt-compatible password hashing
* improve filterProductsInCategory to handle categories with
  thousands(like 40,000) products in them.
* webslinger's commons-vfs implementation
  * non-blocking in all cases
  * only uses the interfaces from commons-vfs, none of the
    implementations
  * COW(actually, overlay with whiteout support)

Some of these changes I started back in February.