That's why we comment it out, the only reason you were affected was because it
wasn't commented out.  The business user never even has to know that it exists.

If your argument now is that at some point in the future a committer will
accidentally uncomment the setting, then I think you are clutching at straws
and doing your best not to come to a reasonable solution.

Regards
Scott