So as I dig into the jackrabbit jars a bit further I realize that they have a
lot of servlets that can do the things we're looking for:  start up a local
repository, connect to a local or remote repository, expose the webdav
interface etc.

I'm thinking it might be best to remove the container I created and just use
those for now.  I'll check it out further and see how it goes.

Regards
Scott