From: "Adrian Crum" <adri...@hlmksw.com>
This description of events isn't entirely true.

David didn't reject Andrew's design, the community in general felt excluded from the design process. David simply asked that we discuss the design before code was committed.

Yes exactly, thanks for clarifying Adrian, I knew I had left some points behind

The security redesign was the outcome of that discussion. As far as I know, David and I agreed on the final design, but interest in it fell off. I ended up being the only person working on it. Since then, David has included the security redesign in his new project.

I tought there were some stumbling blocks, notably when merging your works.