Shiro would replace the home-grown Authorization Manager in the security redesign - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/OFBiz+Security+Redesign.

Integrating Shiro in the execution context branch should be pretty straightforward - since it is nearly identical to the authorization manager.

-Adrian

On 9/15/2010 1:09 AM, james_sg wrote:

Anyone look at Apache Shiro for OFBiz? I have used it in one of my project
and am happy with it. Seems a nice fit for OFBiz.

-james

Adrian Crum wrote:

Anyone wanting to give the security redesign a try is welcome to do so.
The Example component is converted over to the new security design, but
the rest of the applications still use the old-style security.

One of the goals of the redesign was to have it work along side the
old-style security - so OFBiz users can migrate over to the new design
when time and resources permit. The notion that the redesign would have
a big impact on existing installations isn't true.

-Adrian