--- On Sun, 1/16/11, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com> wrote:
> From: "Adrian Crum" <adrian.c...@yahoo.com>
> > --- On Sun, 1/16/11, Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
> wrote:
> >> BTW, what I'd suggest at this stage is to warn the
> user
> >> that it will miss a lot of things if javascript is
> disabled
> >> (even if OFBiz
> >> should be still barely usable - not checked, no
> >> guarantee...)
> >
> > So, OFBiz was barely usable before the JavaScript
> enhancements were added? ;-)
> >
> > -Adrian
>
> You could try with R4.0 without js. I have the feeling that
> at this moment there were less js dependent features. For
> the calendar it was already true, same for the quick access
> in Product main page and the lookups (which were much much
> slower when alive), there were no field groups but the
> collapsible stuff was working w/out js...
>
> We have a concurrency out there we can't neglict. They also
> rely/use js, I will be curious to know if they have
> developed clean degradable UIs. Is this really worth it for
> a backend, I don't think so... For a front end that's
> another story...

Is what really worth it? Like I said, the framework handles JavaScript/no
JavaScript just fine.

I'm also not sure what you mean by it's not worth it for the backend. Not all
OFBiz deployments are centered around eCommerce. Don't be so quick to throw the
backend under the bus - some service providers depend on that business.

I'm not pushing for disabled-JavaScript support - I'm just saying as long as
it's working there is no need to change it. Just because you're having
difficulty solving one issue that may or may not have something to with
JavaScript doesn't mean we should change things in a way that forces everyone
to use it.