only thing I can share is that I had a lot of background with many "systems". when i say ofbiz and the description I knew it would fit my criteria and hence adopted it.

the one hold back to me was UI, ofbiz let me handle that with only a few changes, so got the flexibility of the entity mapping to pages but have a more user friendly UI for the users.

David E Jones sent the following on 1/24/2011 6:12 PM:

This discussion started with a discussion of Wicket, leading to a discussion of
the approach used in the framework.

The big question is not how to market OFBiz as a whole, but instead how to
market the OFBiz Framework and the non-object-mapping approach that the OFBiz
Framework uses.

In other words, how do you sell the framework to developers? Selling the entire
projects to business users and decision makers is another question entirely.

-David