Interesting to note that you did not turn to OpenBravo (joke ;o)

Jacques

Jonatan Soto wrote:
Very interesting threat indeed.

As a developer I find Ofbiz hard to sell because it has no impact on the
mass market where "cutting-edge" technologies rules it, like Struts was or
Spring, Hibernate, etc are for example. Companies are demanding concrete
skills to developers so it's obvious that developers tries to adjust to this
market.

It's almost a year since I started a full time dedication in Ofbiz
customization for my own company and I found it a very productive and
very entertaining. I've learned a lot and I'm still learning, but for some
reasons I have to seek for a job as a developer on a external company. Every
interview I've done they weren't so exited when I said "I'm starting up a
retail company and it's based on an ERP called Ofbiz". I almost dare to say
that Ofbiz is unknown in the IT scenario in Spain. On the other hand
OpenBravo for example it's more well-know because their alliances to the big
companies, as David said, they rule the IT market in general. Another reason
perhaps is the legislation adaptation and business process orientation to
this country that makes OpenBravo easy to sell.

I'm starting a new little project and I wanted to use the Ofbiz framework
only. I'm aware about the efforts done to have this ready but in order keep
updated my skills for this mass marketed IT companies so I finally decided
to do it with GWT+Spring+Hibernate. I need to sell myself.

Regards.

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Jacques Le Roux <