On 07/13/2011 02:49 PM, Erwan de FERRIERES wrote:
Le 13/07/2011 20:59, Adam Heath a écrit :
On 07/11/2011 12:59 PM, Ganath Rathnayaka wrote:
Hi all,
I need all of you to know what I did up to now in my Google summer of
code
project, separating test/code of Ofbiz [1] and implementing a pure
webdriver[2].
I the first iteration of the summer I worked on separating test/code of
Ofbiz. In this we were separate the three main modules,

1. applications
2. specialpurpose
3. framework

In those modules there were submodules and some modules does not include
java files which does not needed to do the separation. Here are the
submodules I separated the test and code.

application sub-modules

accounting manufacturing party workeffort
content marketing product commonext
humanres order securityext

specialpurpose sub-modules

assetmaint crowd googlebase myportal projectmgr
ebay googlecheckout oagis shark
cmssite ebaystore hhfacility ofbizwebsite
webpos ecommerce ldap pos workflow

framework sub-modules

appserver catalina entity guiapp security webapp
base common entityext images service webslinger
bi example jetty sql webtools
birt datafile exampleext minilang start widget
documents geronimo resources testtools

After separate tests and code I had to put them as separate modules,

- src/main/java
- src/test/java

Er, no, do not do this. Bad. Stop.

Leave it as src/. I already have stuff in ofbiz that creates
build/lib/ofbiz-base.jar and build/lib/ofbiz-base-test.jar. There is no
reason to split the test java files out.

Adam,
thanks for your comment. But why didn't you told this before ? Ganath
has been working on this theme for more than a month now...

Because I wasn't aware of it?  We are all busy.

And as a GSoC person, he should have investigated what the system already did before changing a bunch of stuff.

I added the "test-jar" macro to common.xml last April. It's been there for quite a while.

As for splitting any entitymodel/servicemodel/seed-data stuff, there is no reason to move any files around. All the loaders need to be modified to support "test" type loading(some already support this). Then, downstream distributors that don't want to include example or test stuff can just parse the same set of files(or we can include a tool to do it for them).