Thank you David.

-Adrian

On 7/15/2011 10:03 AM, David E Jones wrote:
I've been doing a little more research on Maven, and I'm guessing that the
pattern that Ganath is proposing is at least partly based on the convention for
src directories in Maven (which appears to be required for use of Maven, BTW...
ie with their convention over configuration approach, which is certainly nice
for various reasons even if it does impose certain constraints).

If we wanted our src directories to be Maven-friendly, it would look like:

<component>/src/main/java
<component>/src/test/java

In other words, if we're going to make a change, perhaps we should change to
that as the Maven conventions seem to be turning into industry standards
(perhaps because the Maven conventions are some of the few that exist and are
even remotely widely used).

Along that vein, we might also consider moving the files under<component>/script and
even<component>/config to:

<component>/src/main/resources

BTW, just as a side note if we ever had Maven POM files, their location in each
component would just be<component>/pom.xml

-David