OpenJDK IS the official JDK this time around.  So while a particular
platform may not be built/completed yet, its open source so anyone
can contribute.

On the timing, I would suggest that making sure that ofbiz is
Java 7 tolerant is the first priority, then when you want new
features think about whether you can justify locking users of the
old Java 6 out of ofbiz.  Unfortunately some enterprises are very
slow to move - and forcing people to move is what MS are always
accused of.

David