Hi

We have a requirement to allow the user to upload files associated with
products. These files may need to be updated, and versioning would be
useful.

I would like to use the new JCR support for this, but of course the OOTB
support is currently basic (but welcome!) and doesn't support association
of the uploaded files with a product.

I therefore plan on implementing very simple support, based on the current
Content and ProductContent entity model. I'm thinking of new ContentJcr and
ProductContentJcr entities, with relevant CRUD services. Also a helper that
fetches the file referred to by a ContentJcr.

As our needs are simple, I don't plan on implementing all the features
currently found in the Content and ProductContent ecosystem, but I thought
our implementation might be a useful starting point for others to build on.

Would it be useful for me to create a Jira with this proposal, to which I
could attach patches once we've implemented it?

And more importantly, does anyone have comments or suggestions that might
make our implementation more useful to others?

Cheers,
Anne.

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 2773

Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system
http://www.bonsaierp.com.au/