Le 16/03/2012 18:03, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
Thanks for all the comments; but I actually didn't want to fall again in the
never ending story about what we think the perfect  applications should look
like: it is way too abstract topic, there are so many different opinions and it
has been discussed in the past so many times without finding a common ground;
actually I think that the reason is because no one is really interested in
understanding what others are suggesting because everyone is convinced that his
personal idea is perfect (and it doesn't care if there is no proof for this).
In fact I now understand that the subject of this thread is misleading: I
didn't want to pull the trigger of a collective brainstorming session but
instead reflect on the current status of the applications (i.e. the components
under applications/) and suggest a better way to organize them based on their
*current* status.
To be very clear, the answers I gave were designed to simply answer this question <<suggest a better way to organize them based on their *current* status.>>
All the feedback I got was about what each of you think the applications should
be... interesting but off topic because what you are all talking about is a
complete rewriting (that must be done after a serious requirement gathering,
analysis and architecture design)... nice to chat about this as well but
definitely something for the future.

All I did is simply analyzing what we have *now* in the applications folder and
I have proposed a solution to better manage the stuff we have (good or bad).
None of the feedback I got so far is showing that it is a bad idea.