Or alternatively we could:

1) keep it in framework
2) but remove it from the upcoming new release branch 12.04
3) and then, as a community, we could start the effort (i.e. top priority for
upcoming contributions/commits) of defining the set of requirements needed by
the applications to replace the existing Content framework, finalizing the
architecture and start working all on the implementation and migration of
existing applications: this would mean that the community will focus on this
refactoring effort for a while (postponing any other new development to focus
the energy)

At least in this way we could experiment if the concept of a roadmap is a
viable options and we will not keep and distribute a component under
development waiting to see if and when something good will come out of it.

Jacopo