Le 21/03/2012 11:45, Pierre Smits a écrit :
Re 1: keep in framework +1
Re 2: remove from upcoming release 12.04 +1, remove from all upcoming
future releases until 3 is finished
plugin could really be the solution, because most of contribution coming from customer project, and it's easier for a project leader on a customer project to decide to use (or not) a addon versus to use a part of branch. If necessary I would help in making the addon to help contributors which want to help to do the roadmap define in point 3.
Re 3: draft up requirements for content framework replacement +1
+1
Excellent roadmapping ;-)

Regards,

Pierre

Op 20 maart 2012 11:48 schreef Jacopo Cappellato<
jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>  het volgende:

Or alternatively we could:

1) keep it in framework
2) but remove it from the upcoming new release branch 12.04
3) and then, as a community, we could start the effort (i.e. top priority
for upcoming contributions/commits) of defining the set of requirements
needed by the applications to replace the existing Content framework,
finalizing the architecture and start working all on the implementation and
migration of existing applications: this would mean that the community will
focus on this refactoring effort for a while (postponing any other new
development to focus the energy)

At least in this way we could experiment if the concept of a roadmap is a
viable options and we will not keep and distribute a component under
development waiting to see if and when something good will come out of it.

Jacopo