Le 26/03/2012 16:18, Paul Piper a écrit :
Well, as some of you may know, I have been lurking around the mailing lists
for quite some while and added some input here and there. With ilscipio
(www.ilscipio.com/en) we are currently focusing on many aspects of Apache
OFBiz and try to contribute a little more to the community in the near
future. We are happy to say that our clients love Apache OFBiz and we are
currently either in the talks or already in collaboration with some global
players.

Hi Paul,
this is a very interesting mail!
Your point is quite right about ecommerce and its location.

I'm not an eCommerce expert (and far from that), so would it be possible to list the most needed functionalities, and the optional ones for this ? What do you think of creating detailed screens (as they are already), and simplified screens (using only what is basically needed)?

While writing this, as you said, there is a need for a discussion on the eCommerce component, what we want from it, what needs to be done, etc... It has not been updated since a long time, and there is lot to do (an actual theme?)

Cheers,

--
Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz