From: "Erwan de FERRIERES" <erwan.de-ferrie...@nereide.fr>
Le 26/03/2012 16:18, Paul Piper a écrit :
Well, as some of you may know, I have been lurking around the mailing lists
for quite some while and added some input here and there. With ilscipio
(www.ilscipio.com/en) we are currently focusing on many aspects of Apache
OFBiz and try to contribute a little more to the community in the near
future. We are happy to say that our clients love Apache OFBiz and we are
currently either in the talks or already in collaboration with some global
players.
While writing this, as you said, there is a need for a discussion on the eCommerce component, what we want from it, what needs to be done, etc... It has not been updated since a long time, and there is lot to do (an actual theme?)

It has been amended recently though. But I agree we need to discuss on it if
people want really to make an effort on it

The place itself is indeed questionnable. And not only eCommerce, but also the other components which could stay in specialpurpose. Why for instance moving the eCommerce to applications, if for instance, the POS or the Asset Maint stay in specialpurpose. Is the concept of specialpurpose still necesary?