Hello,

I'm the main maintainer of the FreeMarker template engine over the
last few years. I plan to allocate serious amount of time[*] for
FreeMarker development in the near future, at least if I perceive that
there's enough interest in the developer community (of OfBiz, Struts,
Alfresco, Magnolia, etc). The goal of this effort is fixing
long-standing issues (mostly design issues that can be addressed
without breaking backward compatibility), adding frequently requested
missing features, increasing usability (better error messages, better
documentation) and to make FreeMarker more accessible for potential
contributors (fixing the branching mess, switching to Maven, Git,
modularization, addressing licensing and CLA issues).

Thus, I would like to hear about the wishes of the OFBiz developers.
What features you crave for the most, how could FreeMarker integrate
better with your product, what are the things your users most often
has problems with, etc.

*: I'm thinking about 300 hours or so, done within a 2-3 months
   period, but it depends on the feedback. This I plan to do for free.
   If FreeMarker is an important component in your ecosystem, and you
   think you can support this effort in some ways, of course, contact
   me.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany