It seems actually to be an issue rather than a feature (I can't think of a use
case where this behavior would be useful); I have created a few test cases
(similar to the one you have provided in the other thread) that further analyze
your discovery but they don't add much to what you found (apart from confirming
the risk of getting stale data).
However, when we start design/implement a refactoring of this part of the
system, I would suggest that we also consider how to deal with similar
scenarios in a clustered deployment (in fact many of the production deployment
are based on clusters); the simplest use case could be: in a cluster, we have
two OFBiz instances connected to the same database; in one instance the list is
cached, in the other instance one of the generic values (that are part of the
selection) is updated. A distributed cache system may help here.

Jacopo