The performance hit I envisioned was the overhead of notifying listeners during store or remove. But I think I solved that with the custom Observable class and some other optimizations I have in mind.

-Adrian

On 4/22/2013 11:02 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
I guess indeed normally an event will be fired and the cache clearing
distributed
I'd ask for a bit of more time for the rest of us to have a deeper look but
from your explanation below this seems safe to me.
It would be good if we could measure, or at least have an idea about the order
of magnitude on, the performance implications

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>
The fix will be pretty simple - when a GenericValue is stored or
removed, any related entity condition caches (the ones the GenericValue
is a member of) will be cleared. So I'm assuming clearing a cache that
is distributed will clear all clustered caches. If you have access to a
test cluster, you can test it after the commit.

-Adrian