From: "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
To: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, January 4, 2014 11:52:34 AM
Subject: Re: OFBiz In 2014

To be pragmatic, rather than working on new features, a new framework or
whatever, I'd like to work on "Widget & Application HTML clean-up"

I have heard much complaints about this and I'd really like to 1st replace as
much as possible the Freemarker templates used in backend by widget forms.

I know already some cases where it's impossible, like the geo location.
But in most cases this should be possible and would much facilitate designers
work, when themes or such are needed.
Because we would then have a consistent HTML generation.
And in most cases even a better (consistent) UI, compare the old Price Rules
and Promotions for instance
(still available at
https://demo-old.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductPriceRules?productPriceRuleId=9000
https://demo-old.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductPromoRules?productPromoId=9000
)

Because it contained a new FTL template, I recently refused to commit a working
patch for "Improve to allow purchase order ship method options"

I though must say that I still want to finish pending new features (actually 2
new specialpurpose components)

1) I expect to merge the seo branch soon
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5312.
I only see minor issues now, and anyway at some point you need to have your
feet wet...

2) And to finish the Solr integration
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5042.
 I sill have to figure out how bad is the security issue. In a first step
adding a credential acces to the the Solr admin should be enough. But yes
underneath is not totally secured as is...

Jacques

On Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:55 PM adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com wrote