On 28/11/2014 10:14 PM, Scott Gray wrote:
Yeah I understood that. Deleting simply means it won't be available in future releases. It wouldn't suddenly disappear out of pre-existing releases.
Got it.

Regards
Scott

On Sat, Nov 29, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com <mailto:rwhee...@artifact-software.com>> wrote:

    On 28/11/2014 9:38 PM, Scott Gray wrote:

        OFBiz itself went through that on a much larger scale when
        joining the ASF.
        It took some time but it wasn't a big deal.

        No users are forced to do anything other than make a choice:
        stick with
        what you have or change to what is now available. Open source
        users make
        these types of decisions on a regular basis.

    Your statement is generally are correct but in this context, it
    related to the suggestion about (#5) deleting Asset Management
    from OFBiz.

        Regards
        Scott
        On 29 Nov 2014 14:51, "Ron Wheeler"
        <rwhee...@artifact-software.com
        <mailto:rwhee...@artifact-software.com>> wrote:

            Don't forget to get ICLAs and Corporate CLAs for the new
            site for each
            contributor otherwise you will have trouble if you want to
            submit it to
            Apache OFBiz in the future.
            I guess that if you offer it under an Apache license
            without having an
            ICLA /CCLA in place, you would be personally liable for
            any claim by
            contributors in the future.

            Not sure that you can/should force any existing users to
            move to the new
            project.
            Perhaps no one is using it so #5 is not a problem but I am
            not sure how
            you can reach all of the people who have downloaded it.

            Ron