Perhaps it would be a good idea for some of the key people to take a close look at what has been done.

This is potentially a big step forward in modernizing the product.

Having a working solution takes a lot of the FUD out of the discussion and allows the approach to be tested by the people who are building OFBiz every day.

Even if it actually does everything that Adam claims and the consensus of the committers is to move to Maven, it will still be a good idea to support the 2 build methods until everyone important is ready to commit to Maven. It may take a while to get the Maven approach sold to everyone even if they know that at some point they will be forced to move. Some will be early adopters and some will be late but if you don't have to force everyone to move at once, it does make the transition easier.

If it is the consensus that the Ant build is still better, the Maven stuff is easy to remove without damaging the Ant build.

I suggest leaving it in until everyone who needs to test it before the decision is made, has a chance to test it. It is unreasonable to expect each of the committers to make their own Maven build to test the idea.

Adam has saved us a lot of speculation about what it means to move to Maven.

Give the supporters and skeptics some time to test before removing it.

Ron